16.2.10

Reflectology





I've been introducing Maria to herself in the mirror.


I say "been introducing" because we've done this several times now, and she still acts surprised each time. Over and over she gives me a look that says, "And where have you been hiding this adorable little thing?" -- and then proceeds to babble politely to Mirror Maria in what might as well be French, "Enchante bebe. Dooly dooly frig frag?" Who knows how many times till the introduction takes, and she's offically introduced.





I find that I'm just as excited about showing her to herself as she is about meeting herself. I get a little giddy pointing back and forth from her nose to her reflection's nose, thinking "Is she getting this?" I want her to comprehend both that the girl in the mirror is really amazing -- and that she is the girl in the mirror!


I'm thinking maybe God has had His big hands full getting me to come to these same conclusions about myself.

3 comments:

  1. Super sweet! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait until our paths cross, hopefully very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no kidding girl. It's been too long. Again. :-) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Maria is so beautiful, and you are such an excellent writer. Thanks for sharing. Great post -- food for thought.

    ReplyDelete